After tasting the pizza at your nearest pizza hut, you might have whispered wow! or yummy! and then carry forward all these feelings of taste to your home. Next, it is obvious for everyone to give a thought on the raw materials required for preparing the pizza while getting prepared for making the pizza at home. So, how to prepare pizza at home? Is a basic query for the people who are interested in doing so at their disposal? In the next phase, you may start taking note of the pizza recipe from the internet or friend who possess expertise in carving a pizza from the dough. So, the preparation of this item is very simple, what do you require is a correct direction based recipe. To meet this end, many might have tried to make the pizza out of the dough while ending in bread with some added vegetables on that. When you get to know the exact way to prepare the pizza, you will be avoiding the shop made pizzas. And, this is the sure thing, what you are going to experience in a very short period.
Firstly, narrow down the recipes and then stick to the right one. Usually, you might take around 30 to 60 minutes in preparing the pizza. While learning this process, you can also learn the preparation of the pizza sauce. The addition of Italian herbs to the pizza will make it more flavorful. And, if you happen to roll the pizza slightly in a thin manner, then you can enjoy the crispy crust from outside with chewiness from inside.
The Making Of Vegetarian Pizza At Home
In the next few lines, you come to know about the toppings that you wish to place on the pizza, which includes the cheese, herbs and others. But, everybody has his/her favorite toppings so that they can choose any of their desired toppings. The preparation time required for the pizza is 60 minutes, and a cook time of 15 odd minutes and that would be satisfactorily meet four servings. The flour, tomato, and cheese are the main ingredients, and the exact quantities of material required are given below:
Pizza Base Essentials:
a. Plain flour (maida) – 2 1/2 cups
b. Instant dry yeast – 2 teaspoons
c. Olive oil – 1 1/2 teaspoons
d. Honey – 1 teaspoon or 1/2 teaspoon sugar
e. Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
f. Italian seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon or dried herbs such as rosemary, oregano or basil
g. Water – 1 cup in lukewarm form
h. Semolina or Cornmeal – few teaspoons
Pizza Sauce Requirements:
a. Onion – 1 to 2 finely chopped pieces
b. Garlic – 3 cloves that are finely minced
c. Tomatoes – 2 large sized ripened tomato that is thinly chopped
d. Tomato puree – 2 teaspoons
e. Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
f. Red pepper flakes – large pinch
g. Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
h. Dried oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
i. Dried basil – 1/4 teaspoon or fresh basil leaves in small quantities
j. Salt – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon or according to the taste requirement
a. Bell peppers – 1 large sized, that is finely sliced
b. Fresh basil leaves – few (optional) or as per your requirement
c. Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup grated
d. Parmesan cheese – 4 teaspoons (optional)
10 Tips To Craft Pizza From The Rough Dough
1. Initially, you should heat the oven to a temperature of around 220-Degree Celsius for at least 30 minutes. In the next step, take up a wide bowl and then add maida/flour, dried herbs, salt, honey or sugar, olive oil, and yeast. And then, combine all the ingredients by stirring up in perfection. Now, start adding the lukewarm water slowly and wait for a while and then make the dough. Take a look of the dough, and if you feel it is dry enough add some quantity of water and then knead it gently for five to six minutes to bring in a fine texture and smoothness. Place the dough in an olive oil lubricated bowl while covering it with the cling film and then subject to the warmness for at least 15 minutes.
2. Roll the mixed flour on a smooth surface and then a make two equal portions of the dough while placing them separately in plastic wraps for 5 minutes. In this step, you have to make the round shape of the dough while maintaining the required portion of elasticity.
3. The cookie sheet should be greased with the olive oil on the backside and then sprinkle the semolina or cornmeal liberally. This activity will bring crunchiness while removing the sticking factor of the material from the cookie sheet.
4. On placing the round shape of the dough on the cookie sheet, you should spread it in a flat shape with your hands. Try to roll it thinly as much as possible by using the rolling pin. While doing this, make sure that the edges stay tough, thick and the spread of evenness all over the dough.
5. Apply the olive oil gently on the base of the pizza while widening the spread of the pizza sauce evenly. So, you can use at least two teaspoons for his purpose. Next, you need to sprinkle the cheese gratings evenly all over the dough.
6. Take up your desired toppings such as slices of tomato or bell juliennes, grilled paneer, caramelized onions, basil leaves, chicken or more. You can also sprinkle a required amount of parmesan cheese.
7. Put the sheet of the cookie into your oven rack and allow it to bake for at least 12 to 15 minutes or until the color of the edge turns to a golden brown. Next, let the rolling stay there for another 3 to 4 minutes, sometimes you may have to wait for 12 to 15 minutes because the heat content differs from one oven to another.
8. For preparing the sauce, you have to take a vessel with the olive oil in it. And then, heat the oil contained vessel on the medium flame for few minutes. Now add up all the minced sauté, dried oregano and basil and then fry the mixture for at least five minutes. Next, you should reduce the flame followed by letting the simmering process for 20 minutes in the absence of the upper lid.
9. In the process, you should add the tomato puree, red chili flakes, pepper powder, salt and then mix all the contents in the bowl for some time. On the other hand, you should allow it to simmer until a sauce-like appearance occurs in the bowl.
10. Switch off the knob of a gas flame, and add on the coarse paste or the cooked sauce directly. Suppose, if you are going for the basil or oregano, then you should add those things at the end of the cooking process.