How to choose your name?
It should not all about the money when you committed to choosing your brand new identity. If you are just changing the last name to replace it with your husband’s name or divorced and revert to your old name, then it will be a piece of cake to accomplish it. Also, when you found the right name, make sure that it will be stick with you till your life end as like a crown.
So, take your time and ask your family or friends for help!
- Your name should not resemble any racism or belligerent
- Incites violence or offensive
- It may be silly, but don’t choose a name that is purposefully confusing.
- Don’t select the name with numbers.
- No celebrity or any famous figure. (E.g., George Clooney or LeBron James)
- Not for any dishonest reasons like, to avoid bankruptcy.
- Ten Steps to get your name changed officially in any state:
Ten Steps to get your name changed officially in any state:
- A Person committed to change his or her name
- Contact and get an appointment from the state or country courthouse. You may need an attorney for document filing.
- You can also get an Attorney if you find any difficulty in changing your new name or reason for changing may be invalid.
- Contact or refer your state courthouse official website for fee structure.
- Inquire about the generic legal forms in office supply stores and Fill it accordingly.
- Petition form for name change
- Order for name change
- Affidavit of name change
- Court will check your past records for if any fraudulent reasons or to avoid any legal issues.
- In some countries, you need publish your name in the newspapers, and in some states court order form would be pinned on Department of name change. So, It varies depends on the country or state.
- After finalized everything, your application sealed and stamped as it has been approved.
- A copy of Court order along with a letter with the subject line on “please change your records since its official that your name has been changed” to the Driver License Department, Bank you have your personal account, IRS, birth certification records…etc.
- Don’t worry about correcting your family, friends or colleagues from calling in the old name. Always proud of your name!!!
Even after you got the court order approved, there are some legal documents or records should be replaced with the new name of yours. These may require one phone call or visit with the evidence for your reason for changing the name (E.g Marriage Certificate, Divorce notice)
- Social Security account
- Credit / debit card company records
- Driver’s License
- Employers registrations forms/payroll records
- Post office records
- Electric / utility records
- Education alumni associations documents
- Mortgage forms
- Insurance records
- Doctors’ offices
- Voter’s office records
- Investment account records
- Your personal attorney records (legal documents, will, etc.)
- Passport office records
Once, you have changed your new name in all the above records, and you will be officially known by the new name.