Knowledge about the basics of menstrual hygiene helps to make sure that you and the women in your life are fully up to date about the right way to reside healthy, eat healthy and avoid infection during menstruation.
Ways to Care For Yourself During Your Menstruation
- Wash Regularly: Bathe at least once a day to keep the body fresh and prevent odor. Wash your hands before and after going to the bathroom.
- Wash the Right Way: Because your vagina is more sensitive than other parts of your body, it requires a special type of wash. Always wash your vagina on the surface and never use normal soap, douches or shampoo on your intimate area that can disturb your normal flora and acidity. Pick a wash particularly invented for intimate use or just use your hand and lukewarm water.
- Consider Your Wardrobe: Avoid stretched clothing or fabrics that are skin tight. Wearing clothing seal your vagina can origin increased moisture and heat and also irritate your skin. Wear cotton underwear and loose fitting clothing to keep your vagina fresh and dry. And your wardrobe must be clean and free from mites and spiders. You may read banana spider facts here.
- Say Goodbye to Toxic Sanitary Pads & Tampons: Millions of Women are waking up to the fact that most Maxi Pads and Sanitary Napkins are Toxic. Most Maxi Pads are contributing to Bacteria Growth, Ovarian Cancer, Fibroids, Miscarriages and many other common Vaginal Infections then the solution will be for women to wear the Cherish Sanitary Napkins.
- Wipe from Front to Back: When you wipe from back to front you risk exposing your vagina to harmful anal bacteria that can cause infections such as urinary tract infections and yeast infections. Always wipe front to back and try to keep your vaginal and anal wiping separate.
- Practice Safe Sex: During menstruation, women face an extra danger of passing on or contracting blood-borne diseases, such as HIV or Hepatitis B, through unprotected sex.