5 Foods That Can Kill Your Dog

2 min


108 shares
5 Foods That Can Kill Your Dog

If you own a dog then you know how attached you are with him or her. You consider them as a part of your family and do every little thing they want. You care them like your own baby – bathing them, brushing their hairs and serving healthy foods. When I talk about foods, they are special foods manufactured for pets. Never even think of giving the below listed 5 foods to your dogs, as it may affect their bodies to a great extent. Sometimes, even leading to death.

5 Foods That Can Easily Take The Life Of Your Dog

foods-that-kill-dog

 

 

1. Chocolate

Yes, you will find it very delicious but a small piece of chocolate can literally take the life of your dog. The chocolate amount your dog consumes, determine the level of toxicity. The symptoms after your dog eats chocolate include

  • Diarrhea
  • Seizures
  • Vomit
  • Poisoning

According to pet experts, the darker is the chocolate; the severe will be the poisoning. So, next time don’t even think of putting few pieces in front of your dog thinking that he or she will love it just like you.

2. Xylitol

This is usually an artificial or flavored sweetener seen in candy, baked goods and sugarless gum. Xylitol might be approved for humans but not for dogs. It can easily cause serious liver damage & life-threatening fall in the blood sugar levels. According to PPH (Pet Poison Helpline), a 10-pounds dog would just require a single small piece of gum (sugar-free) to reach extremely toxic dose. Within 10 minutes to 15 minutes, you will see your dog’s blood sugar level going terribly low and further leads to ingestion, vomiting and lack of coordination.

3. Grapes

Yes, of course, to humans it is one of the healthiest and delicious fruit but never for dogs. Think twice before giving them. You might give with an intention of serving healthy food to your dog but the fact is that they can turn worse. In dogs, both grapes & raisins cause kidney failures. This is followed by increased thirst, increased urination, vomiting & even poisoning. And I don’t think you will want to see your pet suffer in pain. So it is better to keep them out of reach.

4. Garlic & Onions

If these 2 ingredients are consumed in excess amounts, it causes massive damage in RBCs (Red Blood Cells) of your dog. Sometimes it even leads to anemia. On the other hand, dose size determines poisoning level. Moreover, the major toxic reaction symptoms include reduced appetite and lethargy. If such a situation arises and you see that your pet is behaving strange, diagnose immediately or you may end up killing your own dog.

5. Alcohol

Cocktails, beer and wine aside, even desserts contain alcohol. Now, you feed them those yummy desserts, they are going to be in trouble for sure. It upsets dog’s stomach and can be life-threatening too. It leads to some severe poisoning symptoms such as Seizures.

I suggest you to talk to your veteran about the kind of foods you & your kids should feed the pets. If you feel that your pet has consumed some toxic substances, don’t hesitate to call at 888-426-4435, ASPCA (Animal Poison Control Center) or PPH (Pet Poison Hotline) at 855-213-6680. These 2 phone lines are 24/7 open.


Like it? Share with your friends!

108 shares